A manual to structuring a common academic essay
Academic essays aren’t that hard if you know what you’re doing. Having a plan for it and preparing all of your materials ahead of time significantly cuts down on the time it will take. Keep reading to find out the correct structure for an academic essay and tips you can use to write it from that outline. There are a few things you can do to complete a great essay, and once you know these techniques, all your essays will be easier from now on. Need help writing an essay? Feel free to write to us and our writers will do your assignment in the best way.
Structure of an Academic Essay
You need to always start with the instructions from your teacher. Only after you know exactly what’s expected of you, can you really make a plan to get everything done on time and in the way your teacher wants it. The reason you want to do this is because your teacher will be grading you on those things, and you should make sure you have each item he wants in your structure, which will then turn into the finished essay.
Another thing to keep in mind is your topic. If you’re writing about something, you don’t know a lot about, you need to leave a place for research in your structure and outline. Most essays do require some research. Here are more tips for making a good structure:
- Do you need an introduction and conclusion?
- Check the instructions to see if you should have a quote at the very beginning or very end of your essay
- There should be 4-5 sentences per paragraph, not too long or too short
- Leave some space for notes and whenever you think of something you might want to use in the essay, jot it down
- Use examples of other essays to check for structure
- You can talk to your teacher or other students for ideas about this topic
- The internet has some great resources for research as well as how to incorporate that research into an essay structure or outline
Getting these parts of your essay into place before you start writing the first draft is always a good idea. It will save you time to have the big decisions already out of the way and allow you to just write. Without any distractions or interruptions to look up something you need, your first draft will go a lot faster. This is a key technique that a lot of good writers use for all their academic essays.